All of us at Ecocentric are reflecting on the New Year and making our resolutions to make 2013 happy, healthy and sustainable. If you are similarly inclined, we have tons of resources here on the blog and at our new GRACE website. To get you started, here are some tips to help you have a lean, green 2013.
- Eat Real Food! Our weekly Ecocentric series teaches you all you want to know about the history and science behind your favorite seasonal foods.
- Make sure your green efforts don’t rob Peter to pay Paul! Reduce your impact on food, water and energy systems with these 12 tips.
- Find out your water footprint, then set out to reduce it.
- Support a local farmer by joining a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture). Find one at Eat Well Guide.
- Did you know that 40 percent of all food is wasted in the United States? Vow to waste less this year by learning how to compost or how to can!
- Cut back on your carbon footprint by using energy more efficiently.
- Throw a sustainable dinner party by using our handy kit.
- Help to free the grid to promote clean energy.
- Take the nexus approach to ensure food, water and energy security.
- Cut the red tape that’s holding back local renewable energy.
- Curb your water footprint by joining the Meatless Monday movement.
- Be a sustainability rock star by choosing to ride your bike to the farmers’ market!
Happy New Year, Ecocentrics! Let us know what we missed in the comment section!